Pegged Skirt Using New Look 6107


I made the peplum top from Vogue 8815 about a year or so ago, and have been intending on making the skirt from  New Look 6107 to go with it ever since.  Well I finally got around to it.  I thought that a pegged skirt would look better with a peplum top and after doing some research I decided that I didn't need to buy a new pattern, I could just use this one to adapt.  I took one of the versions hanging in my closet and pinned the sides, starting below the hip, to a total of 1 1/2" in from the sideseam at the hem on each side.  Well this was clearly too much pegging - I could barely walk!  I then tried halving that to 3/4" each side and that was perfect.  After pegging it I had to take it in 1/2" along the whole side seam to drop a size since I have lost some weight.  All in all I am very happy with this outfit.  It can be worn as separates or together like a dress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!