A Little Warmth


Some Christmas' are fairly mild where I live and we are able to have our Christmas dinner in the sunroom with a heater on.  This year we have been having a very cold early winter, and are heading into sub-zero temps over the next few days.  What better time to think about some warm sunny colours for a sunroom lap quilt!

I was at Lens Mills last week and picked up the above fabrics.  I initially was thinking of making placemats or mug rugs just to give me something to play with on the old White machine I brought up to J's, but I didn't know how much fabric I would need.  I ended up buying a meter of each and then though "that would make a quilt!".  I've got the blocks made and they are just waiting to be assembled.  I did find that my points are not nearly as accurate as they are with the first quilt I pieced on the Pfaff.  I'm not sure if that is because of the Pfaff's IDT or because the Pfaff has an edge guide 1/4" foot where the White just has a 1/4" quilting foot that you eyeball your edge.  Could be a combination of both. If you click on the pic you will see what I mean.  I haven't decided if I will rework a couple of them or just live with them.  What do you think?  I guess I have to decide how much it will bug me every time I look at it!

While I was at Lens Mills I saw packs of Northcott Stonehenge Gradations 2 1/2" strips on sale half price.  I thought this was a really good deal so I bought four packs.  Once I got out to my truck I saw on my receipt that they qualified for a further 65% boxing week clearance sale!  So of course I went back inside and picked up four more packs for a total of eight in four different colourways (two each).  A few days later I had a project in mind for a queen quilt and figured I would pick up one more pack to ensure I don't run out.  Well I was informed at the checkout that no, they weren't supposed to be discounted the extra 65% and that had been an error.  That's ok, they were still 50% off but I guess I really did get a good bargain.

I start a quilting class next week that I am really looking forward to.  I'm doing ok with the piecing but I am really needing some direction when it comes to quilting and binding the quilt.  I want to finish the class before finishing my granddaughter's quilt; I don't want to mess that one up!  We will be making "Sue's Star" shown here.  It looks like it is all half square triangles so I am looking forward to learning the proper technique for making those.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Stuck in First Gear