Embroidery Projects


Waaaaay back in the day I had a pair of jeans that I hand-embroidered and embellished with love beads and star studs.  Remember those?  Well fast forward about 40 years and I'm at it again.  I keep thinking that machine embroidering on jean pockets means making new jeans, but it occurred to me that I can just embroider on a pair of jeans I already own.  I have had these basic Gap jeans for years so I thought they would be a good pair to try on in case things go horribly wrong.

This pattern is called Western Flair Pocket from Embroidery Library.  I just love the turquoise in it, although I want to do another pair replacing the turquoise with black.  I think White on white would work as well.

I was a little concerned about taking off the pockets and then reattaching them without it looking like a "home" job, but I had just the right colour of jean top stitching thread on hand and I think it turned out alright.

I hooped both pockets together in my larger hoop (6"x10") and used a can of Elmer's spray glue that I had on hand to hold them firmly to the stabilizer.  I am now debating whether to embroider something on the leg in the same colours.  Maybe some sort of flower or vine design.  What do you think, go for it or overkill?

I did a test sample of this German Shepherd following the colours that the pattern called for, but as you can see I have a purple and red dog.  I need to google other interpretations of the pattern to get a better colour pallet.
I am very early in the embroidery learning curve but I imagine the colours are off because the pattern was designed for a different machine.  The pocket pattern above, even though it is shown as a turquoise on the pattern site, shows up as a very dark teal on my machine screen and on my Brother program on the computer.
Finally, I decided my shop coat needed a little spiffying up so I added Wonder Woman to the pocket.  Yes, Wonder Woman is knitting! lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!