Some Updates and Some New News

First, an update. I kind of left you hanging with the black bathing suit coverup. The problem I was having with this top was that the white interfacing showed through the sheer black fabric at the button bands and collar. I resolved this with a packet of black dye. After the top was completely finished I dyed it and it turned out beautifully. I have proudly worn it on vacation since. I will definitely keep this in mind when working on sheer fabrics in the future.

Now for the new news - it seems the current title of my blog, "Off the Clock", is more appropriate than originally thought. I'm retiring! Yes, I am only 53, but there are a number of reasons for me to take the plunge now.  I am looking forward to having much more free time to spend with my loved ones, as well as getting into my hobbies that often get left on the back burner.

I am not saying I will never work again, because if the right thing landed in my lap I would certainly consider it. Being retired leaves me available for such a situation. However, I don't "need" to be working, which means I won't be taking a position that doesn't make me happy.  I know this is going to be a massive adjustment, but I'm just excited to see where this next stage of my life takes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Name That Bike!