Been forever, but yes I'm still around.





















I can't believe my last post was in 2011. I don't imagine I even have anyone following my feed anymore. So I guess this is starting from scratch. There have been a lot of changes in my life, with the biggest being the death of my son just over a year ago. I'm not going to get into that right now, perhaps I will at a later date but I want to keep this post positive. My daughter got married this summer and I was adopted by two new cats that I call Holley and Mallory (as in Holley carbs and Mallory ignitions lol). That's all I'm going to get into the personal stuff for this initial "back from the badlands" post, so I will move right along to projects.

 I was always into the knitting for my blog posts, and part of the reason for me being absent for so long is because with my night school on top of full-time work I haven't had a lot of time for crafty stuff. Well I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel school-wise, with just one semester left to go. So my focus is going to go back to my hobbies - knitting, sewing, soap making, and whatever else gets my attention. I really haven't sewn much since my kids were really young, although I have done the occasional project such as aprons and kitchen blinds (maybe I will post pics at some point).

 But of course I tend to get ahead of myself and am ready to plough head first before I even begin my final semester lol. Tonight I took a favourite pair of jammie pants (I really love the cut), made a pattern and bought some flannel. I don't know if this will turn out well or be a complete disaster but it was a cheap enough project so I figured let's have at it. The fabric is in the washer to pre-shrink right now since fleece is notorious for shrinkage. Good or bad, I will report the results :) (Oh - and the eyeball fabric glows in the dark! - how cool is that?!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Bionic Gear Bag - Pattern Review (long and pic heavy)

New Look 6735 - The Dedicated Post

Stuck in First Gear